Re: Re: Re: New Elitist Snob

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 20:33:01 EST

"Preacher" <preacher@carolina.rr.com> wrote:
>I know I will get castigated by the real R/T snobs, but I am gonna put it in
>the new truck! It's aluminum and only weighs about 35 lbs, not enough to

AAAGGHHHHH!!!!

<THUMP>

Huh? Wha' happened? Must've fainted...could've swore I read something
about someone putting a tool box on their R/T. But no, surely any new
R/T owner could see the wisdom of going with a tonneau cover...

>Question: Any R/T owners out there with side-rails? (Nerfbars) I have these

Ummmm...no comment....

>I am considering puting them on the R/T to help protect the doors from
>idiots.... Will I be run out of town?

No, but we're not called elitist snobs for nothing. I imagine you'll
get some snorts, and some looking down the nose looks, and perhaps
some sad shaking of heads, maybe a little whispering between other R/T
owners as they steal glances at your toolbox and side rails, but other
than that, naaah, everything'll be cool. <grin>

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.896 @ 91.11mph
Wilmington, NC