Re: stall converters..

From: Hemikota@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 07:33:25 EST

In a message dated 3/19/00 12:32:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
fast4x4@bellsouth.net writes:

<< anyhow, I got to thinking tonight (after I ran another 6.4 0-60).. How much
 could I expect to knock off that with a stall? I would like a 6flat 0-60..
 1/4 times? Currently runnin 15.4, would like at least 14.9xx. Is .5 sec a
 realistic gain by going with a higher stall? Of course I want to retain
 streetability and don't want to kill off mileage, can anyone recommend a
 good brand of converter, also what stall speed to go with? >>

SOme one once mentioned that TCI made a performance torque converter for our
trucks. Yeah Jon, get one of these and some exhaust and you'll leave me in
the dust...hehe..at least in the low end.
Boog