Re: DML Digest V4 #1741

From: George Hernandez (geoh@texas.net)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 21:31:24 EST

Yeah, but how can you tell how much of the increase is from the headers and
how much from the y-pipes?
Dr. Pat

Sam Parthemer wrote:

> You Must have JBA headers...
Nope I have the Hooker 1 5/8" headers.
Between the headers, y-pipe and cat-back I got nearly 25HP and 30+ ft/lbs
documented rear wheel HP on a chassis dyno at Colvin Automotive here in
Austin, TX. It was a definite seat of the pants difference. It just pulls
better all around the power band, not just up high. I'm convinced that a
(2)3" into 1(3") would do even better and probrably give me even more
torque, BUT I don't have the money to redo the y. Besides, IMHO the
Flowmaster y-pipe/collector is WAY superior to anything that comes with
anyones headers.(Even though I don't like their mufflers!)

I think the Leach are a great design but previous experience with Hooker
steered me towards them again. Install was a breeze. Only prob was the
y-pipe BUT that was because the y was not meant for an R/T.
-George

  Positive Performance Headers (Aka Leach),