RE: DML:Well another truck is hit! (the D2K's dilema!)

From: Natedak2k (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 22:29:53 EST

Does sand count as wildlife? The curse hit me this weekend when I finally
found the "D2K's limits"!! I hope this is the extent to which the curse
hits me! I was out 4 wheelin' around and found some sand. The D2K was
doing GREAT on the stock good-for-a-years (aired down to about 20psi) so I
decided to get a little more into it. along I trudged when suddenly I feel
the truck sink! Oh NO I think. I start to rock her and steer from side to
side, doing everything I know possible to get "unstuck", when finally she
doesn't even budge anymore! When the clutch comes out I don't even feel a
lurch! Why I ask as I get out of the truck?? Ahh, I see! She's resting on
her axle and the skid plates. The weight of the truck ain't even on the
wheels! Well, since IGNORANT ME had no shovel guess what I spent the next
three hours doing. Digging out under each jacking point by hand and SLOWELY
but surely lifting her out of her shallow grave onto some boards I had to
hike a half a mile to find! Finally got her out though and some lessons
we're learned the HARD way (Silly me already new all this but just ignored
it!)! First lesson - The stock tires SUCK in the sand! Second - ALWAYS
have a shovel when you go wheeling. Third - Don't go wheeling at midnight
by yourself in the middle of nowhere. The list goes on and on but I'll stop
there! (My arms are sore as hell right now from digging all that sand, one
handfull at a time! thank God it was sand!)

Nate, Ogden UT
http://www.geocities.com/natedak2k
Forest Green 00 Dakota CC 4X4, 5-speed, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy
cold air w/ K&N, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"