Spanked a chubby!

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 00:37:28 EST

Well, it was Sunday afternoon and I was just driving to my friend's house.
Anyways. I'm cruising about 65 in a 55, and I pass up this candy apple red
Chevy Custom C-10 truck. I go down the highway a little further and I look
in the mirror to see the guy blazing up towards me and 1/4 of a mile back.

Well, defending all dodges out there, something in me just jammed the pedal
to the floor, (doh! it doesn't downshift) the chevy just flies (more like a
very slow crawl) by me. Anyways, he gets stuck behind a car and I pass him
up. I think it's over and shut down and start cruising at 65 again. Guess
what? They just don't give up. he punches it again. (HAHA! this time it
downshifts) I just leave him in the dust and he had his speed built up more
than I did already.

Anyways. This is a well known area for cops (buddy got busted doing 83 in a
55 there) so I just ease off the pedal. He gets in front of me. I go on
this u-shaped turn to get onto another highway/junction and he does to, to my
surprise. I get mad this time and I want it to be fair, so as soon as we
edged the corner. I punch it and just stayed glued to his ass the whole time.
 Even had to let off so I wouldn't ram into his rear end a couple times.

Anyways. we're going down the road and I see a cop up ahead and I slam on
the brakes. Kinda late, because we were decending from probably 110, and the
cop sees me, gives me one of those REALLY hard stares, but doesn't persue.

Couple miles down the road, I get up next to the chevy dude (probably 35-40
years old male) and he give me a sad wave. and I wave back to him and that
concludes that race. anyways. keep it safe out there, and if you race,
make it a fair race, don't gain on someone from a mile back and think you
won. because maybe their tranny just didn't downshift...
-Dester