Dak Newbie: Part 4 - The Final Chapter!

From: Stockham, John (stockham@mail.ukans.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 10:27:01 EST

Okay. Let me explain....No, there is too much. Let me sum up. ;) After
purchasing my 98 Dak Sport v6 man, I immediately encountered starting
problems with the truck. The problem seemd fuel related and was diagnosed
by a third party as such as well. The dealer, Sunflower Dodge in Olathe,
KS) spent FIVE weeks rooting around looking for the problem. Parts
replaced(in order): A.I.S. motor, Fuel Module; A.I.S. motor, Fuel Module;
Throttle Body; PCM. Week two, I had suggested that they pull the injector
assembly and inspect the injectors. I was told "No. Can't be the
injectors. It's gotta be something else." I finally got Chrysler involved
at the end of week four. Low and behold, the mechanic FINALLY checked the
injectors and 3 were stuck open. I was told it took the guy 20mins to
actually perform the inspection. 20mins! With new injectors in place, my
truck has started up within three cranks ever since then and I'm getting
18mpg. Woo, woo!

Moral of the story, never, ever buy ANYTHING from Sunflower or Steve Oliver
Dodge. They're nice enough to your face but their mechanics need work!

BTW, I LOVE my truck now! Must customize!!!!! BTW, how much does a toneau
cover help with gas milage?

John Stockham, Certified Novell Administrator
LAN Support Services, KU Computing Services
stockham@ukans.edu

Web page: http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~stick or
          http://www.ukans.edu/home/stockham