Re: What Alarm system do you have....

From: Jeff Schultz (chill@en.com)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 16:11:42 EST

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, brett burford wrote:

> Viper 600, bought it and installed it myself, it rules
> but buy good batteries for the remote the Radio Shack
> ones only last about 6months

I have a viper 6500 w/remote start. I got it about a year ago and it has
been working fine until about a week ago. It started to act really funny.
The truck would not disarm when the remote start was active. Then it
started making machine gun noises with the relays. The speaker started to
maker funny noises. Then the alarm started arming when I was driving
around at random times. Then the truck started on its own one day. But the
parking lights didnt turn on like usual. Somehow the brake and the abs
light came on while it was running itself. FInally I had had enough and
pulled the fuse. I am taking it is this friday. They told me (Best buy)
that the 6500 has a recall on it.

-Jeff