Re: Advice on Limited Slip (attn:Kyle)

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 18:31:00 EST

> Thanks Kyle, we'll go with the Permatex. How long did you wait between
> applying the permatex(and putting the cover back on), and actually adding
> fluid back?
> Thanks
> --Aaron--
> 95 DSRC 4x4 V6
>
> >When I pulled my front and rear diff covers off, I used Permatex No Leak
> >Ultra Blue. After a month or so, no leaks at all. Be sure to get about 2
> >cans of brake cleaner per diff when doing a fluid change, just to make
sure
> >everything is really clean.
> >Kyle
> >93 Dakota 4x4 V6

I waited about 15 minutes, just to be on the safe side; some people did tell
me I could put the fluid back in right away. Be sure to lay down a good 1/4"
bead on either the diff cover or on the diff itself. I did make pretty
little circles with the RTV around the bolt holes/threads. Just be sure to
use enough RTV, I applied a bead on the diff cover and I even used a putty
knife and applied RTV on the diff itself. GOOD LUCK!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6