Re: stall converters..

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 09:08:15 EST

At 12:20 AM 3/19/00 -0500, you wrote:
> <SNIP>
>anyhow, I got to thinking tonight (after I ran another 6.4 0-60).. How much
>could I expect to knock off that with a stall? I would like a 6 flat 0-60..
>1/4 times? Currently runnin 15.4, would like at least 14.9xx. Is .5 sec a
>realistic gain by going with a higher stall? Of course I want to retain
>streetability and don't want to kill off mileage, can anyone recommend a
>good brand of converter, also what stall speed to go with?

Jon

In the States, Fairbanks in FL. ... 2400 stall seems to be a match for
our mag 318s but really should have info. from dyno runs because any
company worth its salt will find a best fit for your power outputs and
where they occur on the rpm scale. In Canada, SMR in Bradford, Ont. ...
owner is Pat Storey ... he runs the hemi-Dak in the DML calendar.

Hope this helps.

IMHO, I found that, on my 4x2, I needed about 225hp and 300 torque at
the rear wheels AND an effective gear ratio of about 3.80 to run 14.9x.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.