Re: Re: RE: Re: Dakota Drag Limit-BLink

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 13:35:09 EST

With what gears? Are we talking Mustang or Dakota???
A Dakota with 3.92 gears pulls 4500 rpm at 128 mph
(5spd, auto is about he same)... It MIGHT pull
another 500 rpm to 5000 RPM, but the HP/torque fall
off after 4500 rpm, so it might not be possible. Then
with a Dakota running 3.55 gears, it may not be able
to reach much more than 130 in 5th gear (or OD)
because of the wind resistance & fact that it isn't
pulling it's peak HP at 4000 RPM, and may not overcome
the drag at that point.

Look at a Viper... The top speed in a Viper comes in
on 5th gear.. Not 6th gear...