Re: R/T MPG

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 21:00:03 EST

"Joseph Council" <joseph_council@yahoo.com> wrote:
>I was wondering if you have heard what kind of MPG you can get from the5.9
>R/T? The sticker says that it averages 17. Has anyone getting anything
>higher?

Actually, I believe the sticker says highway is 17. That would be the
best you could ever expect, not an average. I've almost done 17,
driving a steady 55mph on a perfectly flat road over a long distance.
As for regular city/hwy mix driving like I do to work everyday, I
average about 13.5 if I romp it at lights every once in a while,
occasional WOT, etc. I'll drop into the 12's if I stand on it all the
time and drive it really hard. If I baby it a little and drive like
it's an S-10, I'll get around 14.5.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.896 @ 91.11mph