RE: backspacing needed?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 19:26:18 EST

Should be 5.5" factory backspacing.

- Bernd

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of Alex Ross
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2000 6:13 PM
To: Dakota Mailing List
Subject: DML: backspacing needed?

I am getting ready to purchase a set of 17x8 wheels for my 97. I plan to
install the Hotchkis suspension package at a later date and I want to make
sure I get the right backspacing. I have the 15x7 wheels and took one off
today. I measured about 6" of backspacing. For some reason I thought these
wheels had around 4.5". Did I not measure correctly? What backspacing do I
need to run 8" wheels? What backspacing do the 15x8 (Tire & Handling
package) factory wheels have? Anybody out there with the Hotchkis package
and 17x8 wheels on there Dakota? Thanks

Alex
97 CC Sport V8 5spd