Porting and Polishing Advice

From: jbe@micron.net
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 20:18:40 EST

I need to pull the wisdom from the DML members on this.
I have a 99 dak with the 318 engine. I have most of the normal go
fast goodies like, ported TB, headers, cat-back, K&N cold air intake,
etc etc.

I am now thinking of doing some porting and polishing work on
my intake manifold and heads. I have some experience porting
and polishing but by no means an expert. I also have some tools
such as air grinders and polishing wheels to use.

Question:
1. Can I port and polish my intake manifold with good results
in my garage or do I need a machine shop to do it?
2. Same question but for the heads. (this one I am leaning towards
machine shop
I saw Mopar sells some jigs for final shaping of ports)

My goals in the port and polish is to simply increase air flow for
better
HP, torque and MPG. Nothing to radical.

Ja