Re: bubbles in paint? [00 dak] [advice needed]

From: Hemikota@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 21:22:12 EST

In a message dated 3/22/00 8:40:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
william@hiatt.net writes:

<< Well,
    I got a 2000 black 4.7l cc dak. NOticed bubbles in the paint. Took it to
 the dealer. Said it's our fault, we can fix it and some of your scratches
 under warranty. My view.. They DO the painting inhouse too. So, is it worth
 it to get done. How's the actualy paint quality. What's your recommendation?

Are they truly bubbles or just "dust flecks" in the paint, if they are in the
clearcoat then they can be buffed out. I have some dust in the paint on my
dak. I got out what I could in the clear coat, but if you want to get the
"pimples" out of the paint, well you have to sand it down, then blend in new
paint and then clearcoat it. The finish should look just as good as
original, at least for black, but mine is forest green pearl coat where there
is so much pearl in the paint that they say that the whole panel mus be done,
and it may "show" a difference inthe finish. Mine isnt that bad, so I can
live with it. Yours, well if it is really bad, tell them to repaint the
whole thing. If they give you the line "well it wont be the same as the
factory finish cuz we cant bake it " thats bullshit. As long as they dont
take it down to bare metal you are fine.