Re: Aftermarket Ignitions

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 23:39:54 EST

> So whats the word on these...who is using what and how do yall rate it?
ive
> been thinking about getting one but im just not sure which
> one(jacobs,mallory,msd)so many choices.Has it really made any diff? You
guys
> always seem to have lots of good advice so I hope to learn something new
from
> this.
> Chris

I love my aftermarket ignition, gave me alot more highway gas mileage and
smoothed out my acceleration. Of course, they tend to go through dist.
caps/rotors more often than the stock ignition, but to me the gains are well
worth it. I mean for $11 and 10 minutes, I can replace the cap/rotor with a
new one. I change the cap/rotor every 10,000 miles, which may be pushing it
a bit. I would highly recommend the MSD unit, just since I have had great
luck with it, and all of the other aftermarket ignition parts. I am
currently running the MSD 6-Offroad Ignition(6470), MSD Universal Wiring
Harness(8873), MSD 8.5MM SuperConductors, Accel Super Coil, Borg Warner
Select Brass Cap/Rotor, and Autolite Copper Plugs(.050)
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6