New tires! 31x10.5 15's Which kind should I get???

From: Allan K. Eyre (bigal@openix.com)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 17:39:18 EST

Hey guys,

        Well, it's that time... time to throw out the OEM Wrangler RT/S tires and
get some new ones. Think I've worn the tread down so that I've almost got
slicks. I've been checking on prices locally and from some of the on-line
guys such as www.tirerack.com. I was wondering what kind of recommendations
you guys could give on what a good next set that aren't too super expensive
would be. I do mostly highway driving and some off-road but I like the look
of the bigger tires. Mileage already sucks so I don't think a big tread or
softer tire is going to kill me any more than the v8 is at the pump! Should
I stick with the same size, or go bigger, what are my options for this tire.
I have a '97 Dak V8 4x4 Club Cab. I have the 31x10.5 15's now. Thanks for
answering these questions and giving your suggestions!

Allan Eyre