Re: Question for those with viper remote start

From: Jon Steiger (jon@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 19:16:45 EST

At 09:03 AM 3/23/00 -0500, you wrote:
>it does not dis arm the security system, if you open a door the alarm goes
>off. also I think you must kill the engine before you can use the key to
>start it to drive... but some minor things may have changed since we had this
>option.

   Again, no firsthand experience, but according to the manual, you don't
have to shut off the engine to drive off; you just get in, insert the key,
and turn it to run. Then you step on the brake pedal to disengage the
remote start. (If you don't put the key in and turn it to run, the engine
will shut off when you press the brake pedal.)

                                                -Jon-