RE: Checkmate soft tonneau

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 21:37:49 EST

> The hinged soft tonneau features inside hidden latches and
> spring props. Quick release hinges are standard so you can remove your
> cover in seconds. Minimal drilling required. Exterior locks available.
159.00

> http://checkerpro.com/welcome.html
>
> Wondering if anyone has this and if they like it or not

Just put one on last weekend with QuikTruk99's assistance. It is a 2 person
job when it comes to stretching the vinyl. Wel without going on about it,
their instructions leave alot to be desired. Had to remove the snaps to get
the vinyl over the rails properly, and shorted me 6 screws. Total holes to
be drilled is 18 (6 for the hinges,4 for the props, and 8 for the latches).
Very good construction. I don't have pics yet (I'm not gonna snap pics with
the winter dirt still on the truck, but this weekend is gonna be in the 60's
and SUNNY!!!! WOO HOO!!!). Definitely worth the price compared to other
tonneau's of the same type. It is also very light weight (22lbs).

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ