RE: Choosing a Cam

From: Kurt Swanson (kswanson@peerenvironmental.com)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 22:40:02 EST

Hey every one,

I know quite a bit of talk has occured about this subject in previous posts,
however, I'm still very ignorant regarding how to choose the right cam! My
truck is an automatic 4X4 and I drive primarily in the 700 - 5800 rmp range.
I am looking for something that is compatible with the stock computer but
will give me more off-idle torque and then pull strong up to 5800 rpms! I
occaisionally pull a 2,000 pound trailer. With that said, here are my
questionns?

- What brand and model or part # would you suggest?

- Has anyone out there with similar mods to mine done a cam upgrade, and if
so your thoughts or impressions?

- Did you do it yourself or have a shop do it for you? Approximate cost?

Thanks

Kurt Swanson

97 Dak Sport CC 4X4 318 auto, K&N Gen II, Mesa headers, Y-pipe and Hi-flo
cat, MSD Digital 6, SS-coil, Magna Flow (single 2.5" in, dual 2.5" out).
Waiting on time and weather to install the Hughes 1.6 Roller Rockers, double
roller timing chain, MP TB, and Mopar performance valve covers.