Re: No Brake Needed to Shift on Auto

From: ZeNel1eac1@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 10:58:50 EST

I think the reason for that safety measure is for kids not to accidentaly
throw it into drive or reverse or whatever and I agree with you, I thought it
was supposed to be on all late model vehicles.

Joe G.

<< On my '98 you don't need to touch the brake to shift out of park. This
question
 came up on that "club" anti-theft variant thread. Kind of interesting as I
 figured that "safety" feature was pretty much standard on all vehicles. I
 wonder if Dodge vehicles ever had that feature or if this is truck-line
 specific?
 Tom >>