outcome of painting [bubbles]

From: William H. Hiatt III (william@hiatt.net)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 15:25:14 EST

Well, talked to teh painter at the dealer today. On the bubbles, they will
fix and repaint that whole area [panels]. On the swirls that the other
dealer put in, well. He'll see if he can buff them out, but I already had a
showroom detailer try and he said the clear coat is all scratched. So,
they're going to do what it takes. The good new though, I DO get a lifetime
warranty [as long as I own the truck] on the paint job they do. So if it
peels in 4 years, it's covered. It's seperate from DC's warranty. It's
something the dealer does. my opinion? I'm gonna do it, they do all the
painting inhouse etc. The guy said "I guess you're pretty particular about
you're truck" I responded "Damn strait". So he knows to do it right the
first time. And since they have to re-clearcoat the car, I'll probably have
them take off the decals, except the Dodge on the tailgate, and leave the
rest off.

william