Subject: Re: How long are you supposed to wait before waxing a newtruck?

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 18:11:47 EST

If you live in the city or major metroplex, I'd suggest a good once over
with a polish or glaze. Ask your local paint shop... they are usually
pretty helpful, and won't necessarily "stick it to ya". If you're in the
country, probably don't need anything. Dodge trucks don't sit around for
long!

I live in Arlington, Texas and they have a GM plant here that makes
Suburbans. Sometimes they sit in the parking lot for a couple of weeks
before they ship out. You can imagine all the "fallout" from the highway,
plus the Dallas/Ft. Worth airport is close by and planes fly over them all
day. I would figure by the time a truck gets to a dealership and is sold,
it's had it's paint job for at least a month.

Someone here suggested the Meguire's Gold. I've used it, and it works
great. Nice, deep shine, beads good, easy on, easy off, and I have a RED '94
Dak. Yes, still red.... knocking on wood! Hope that helps ya!

Brett Forehand
'94 Dak Sport CC