Re: Carlsbad

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 16:14:27 EST

Sam-

I am 85% sure I going to be going. I have the Dark Garnet '00 4.7L Club Cab
that came late to Speedzone. My buddy (Jim Kennedy) would be coming along
too to try out his new BMW M Coupe (insane car for a pure stocker). I'll
try to confirm tonight.

It's kind of funny, he probably burned up his clutch yesterday practicing.
He was trying to Preload his suspension while staged against the parking
brake. After all that's what I do in my drag cars....WHICH ARE
AUTOMATICS!!! Okay, he's never done this before, but that's probably a
$2500 clutch and its probably pretty scorched for a four month old car.

I don't envy you 5 speed guys trying to drag. At least, with street tires
you don't to worry about slipping the clutch. The tires offer the path of
least resistence.

BTW-I found my stock rims for $110 a piece. Got me thinking. Take my
spare, buy one rim. Have Drag Radials or Hoosiers mounted on the two rims.
I can still use the spare if I had to, but I'd have drag tires for less than
$500 including tax, shipping, and mounting. Of course if I did that, I'd
want a looser converter so I could have alittle stall. And if I added a
higher stall converter, I'd have to get a shift kit or you couldn't feel the
shifts. And if was going to have a higher launch rpm, I'd want to change
cams, and if I was going to change cams, I'd want to port the heads, and if
was going to have the heads off, I'd........ I'm becoming delusional
now....

-Steve Ekstrand