RE: RE: Checkmate soft tonneau

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 19:24:55 EST

> Greg,
> I to am considering buying one. My questions are: 1) How
> flush of a mount is it? I saw in a picture that the middle support beam
seems to
> really stick out. How noticeable is it?

THe cover overlaps onto the bedrails about an 1/8" and aboout also an 1/8"
high. Yeah you can see the support beam(more noticeable when doing 90mph
:-) ). Doesn't bother me, I like the look.

> 2) How tight can you get it? I hate the flopping in the wind
> effect you get at speed. This acts like a sail and can slow you down at
the track.

With 2 people you can get it pretty tight, but you're gonna have to
restretch it after a month. Mine doesn't flop around, kinda gets pushed down
into the bed.

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ