My Dak is back from the body shop!

From: Mike Schwall (mschwall@flash.net)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 22:27:59 EST

Picked up my Dak today. Ohh she looks great. The paint job they did is
actually better than the factory paint. Factory paint has a little orange
peel, but the hood and fenders that were painted are like glass. They did
a damn fine job on it. I have pictures! First batch of pictures are
in. Once I get my scanner back I'll post them on my web site.

I asked the owner of the body shop how long to wait before waxing. He said
two months. The solvents used have to gas out and the paint takes time to
fully harden. Factory paint can be waxed the day you buy it. Factory
paint is baked on at over 300 degrees F. PPG paint was used on my Dak.

He also said to stay away from natural wax - like carnuba wax. He said
carnuba wax looks great, but doesn't last very long, and you'll have to
rewax often. He said to use synthetic or polymer type waxes like Eagle 1,
Meguire's Gold Class (which is what I have been using), and NuFinish, among
others.

They did a great job and my truck looks great. They used all Mopar parts,
no aftermarket. I'm glad to have my baby back. Work was done at Northwest
Collision Center in OKC, OK - highly recommended.

First on my buying list is tires. At least 235x75x15's, I'm dumping the
stock 215 rubber - need more ground contact! Then a Rhino Liner for rear
end weight, then a single lid over the rail tool box.

Mike

mschwall@flash.net