Bucket Seat Mount Studs(HELP)

From: emailskip@webtv.net
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 12:47:55 EST

>Does anyone know how these are attached to
> the floorboard? I notice that the rear seat
> rail/mounts use a threaded stud and I assume
> I will also need to these studs when installing
> my bucket seats.

Kyle, I put buckets in my 91. That was the second body style, so this
may not apply to you. Mine had the holes drilled and tapped for the
mounting studs. You can check by crawling under the truck, and looking
up. You should see where your bench mounting studs are now. Look towards
the middle, and you should see what looks like a nut welded to the
floor. On mine, when I removed the bench, the carpet had a notch cut in
it, for the hole. The hole was plugged with some soft putty like stuff.
I got my seats from a wrecking yard, and I took the studs out of the
floor of the donor truck. I also got the hardware for the front, inside
mounting bolts. There is a "nut" (for lack of a better word) spring
clip. If you have ever put in speakers, you have seen them. It is a
U-shaped clip that slips over sheet metal with a tapped hole in it to
hold a bolt. Of course these are more heavy duty than the speaker type.
If I can answer any more questions feel free to contact me off list.

Skip Goger
Gresham, Or
2000 4X4 V8 AUTO
CC SPORT+ IB