Re: Re: oil pan gasket

From: Hemikota@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 14:41:08 EST

In a message dated 3/25/00 11:12:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
grndak4x4@home.com writes:

<< My Hayne's manual does state you need to remove the front axle(ouch!) to
 drop the oil pan on 4WD Dakotas. It also says to remove the oil dipstick
 tube, lower bellhousing cover, and the starter, if 'necessary' for
 clearance. Check also for exhaust crossover pipe clearance, as it may need
 to be removed. Sorry, but this is all I can help ya with!
 Kyle >>
Kyle's right, but I think you dont have to remove the front axle, just drop
it down some. Still I think it would be easier to pull the motor. Hey, you
could clean it up some too :0p.