Re: diff. question

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 18:04:32 EST

> I was wondering if there was anyway to find out if you had an limited slip
> or open diff. using the numbers on the axle assembly? Thanks in advance.
>
> W.F. Wheels
> 1991 CC 4x4

Do you happen to still have the 'options' plastic sheet on the underneath
side of the hood? If so, it will be listed there. Mine says something like
355 SG. The SG stands for Sure Grip, which is a limited slip from the
factory. Dont quote me on this, but I think this is how you can tell: I
think you can jack up the tire off of the ground, and rotate one tire
forward, it the other tire rotates the same way, you have some type of
limited slip back there. Also, check to see if there is a axle tag on one of
the diff cover bolts. My Dak has one, but it only states the gear ratio.
Good Luck.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6