Re: Universal Joints - Advice

From: Mike Schwall (mschwall@flash.net)
Date: Sun Mar 26 2000 - 00:07:19 EST

>Mike,
>My rear driveshaft is rather tight, no slop at all. It is my front
>driveshaft which concerns me. I can take it and rotate it by hand about 3/8"
>back and forth, with some slop up and down. What would this denote to you?
>Kyle
>93 Dakota 4x4 V6

Are the CV boots still in one piece? Any signs of grease leakage? Does it
make noise on turns or while in 4x4 mode? When you rotate the driveshaft
back and forth and hit the stops, what makes noise - what is stopping the
driveshaft from turning? Where is the slop felt most, near the xfer case
or near the wheels?

Mike

mschwall@flash.net