Funny honda lowering experience(long and funny)

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 26 2000 - 02:31:15 EST

Well, with my uncle owning Twin Power in Houston (ricer shop) I learned how
to drop civics and hondas really fast and easily. and I had to put those
skills to use today.

It was about 10:00 pm and I'm chillin at home, I just came from from work
and I sit back and watch TV. Door bell rings and my friends inform me that
they've been trying to lower their buddy's honda accord for over 5 hours and
haven't gotten anything done. I give a sigh, but agree to help.

Dakota content: On the way there (guided by my buddy's 96ish dodge intrepid
3.5 v6? with K&N and dynomax catback. we hit and light and he says "what have
you done so far". and I give the "let's just see" kinda remark. Light turns
green and I get a jump on it, but I squeel the tires bad! he gets a hood on
me, but in about 2 seconds, the RPMS are up and I'm ahead of him, pulling my
tailgate past him already. to end that story, I spanked the living @#$@#
outta him
(so... I'm psyched about gonig to the track tomorrow to see what 1/4 miles
times are)

Anyways, back to the main story. I get there and I see the honda on jack
stands, the left CV joint is dislocated (which is not good) and they've been
trying to get it back in for quite a while. So... I had to take off the
lower ball joint, and tie rod end, and spend about 30 minutes to "jiggle" it
into place. CV Joints are a @#$@#$@# to try to reassemble with the half
shafts and the other end of the joint still stuck to the hub. Damn Honda and
their pressed on hubs!!!

To finish off, after an hour of trying to fix their problem, I encounted 2
that I've never encountered before. while putting the castle nut back in the
lower ball joint, i was able to tighten it to the tip of the castle nut, but
then the ball socket assembly just turned with the ratchet (how does one fix
that?) I tried getting pliers in there to hold the bolt, but there wasn't
enough room. So we just left it half way on, put the wheel back on and
called it a night. His car is lowered 1/4 of the way. now he just has to
get the other 3 wheels! hehe. I guess I'm going to have to bring my air
compressor to his house tomorrow to impact that castle nut back in. Once you
work with an impact, you don't want to go back... it's extremely fun and
fast!
-Dester