Re: towing with a V-6

From: Andy Wittkamper (truckindak@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 26 2000 - 11:26:13 EST

I have an 88 V6 and I pull a lawnmower trailer all the time, two mowers, a
roller full of water, and the air drag of the gate on the back, adds up to
probably near 3500-4000 lbs. It struggles a little in O/D, but still runs
fine. (Although this may be why I've gone through two O/D units since '88) I
find that it pulls better with the O/D off, but mileage suffers of course.
Someone is trying to jew you bad, in my opinion, 'cause my truck can pull a
house down! hehe :-)

Andy Wittkamper
'88 Dakota LE
 3.9 soon to be 360!!