Re: Is this mileage for real? (and mileage questions)

From: Hemipower@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 26 2000 - 23:11:59 EST

In a message dated 03/16/2000 8:33:38 PM EST, andylevy@bigfoot.com writes:

<< My father pointed me to this post on the DOC's message board:

http://www.durangoclub.com/cgi/ceilidh.cgi/ceilidh/?C3d1e0e145pRi-3728-1100-30
.htm
 . Long story short, Ram diesel, 30MPG at 45MPH. Is this for real?

 He also noted 1MPG picked up after putting on a hard tonneau. I'll be
 getting a tonneau real soon (found out I'll be getting a little bonus
 the end of the month). At what point does the law of diminishing
 returns kick in? I've seen a nice boost in mileage with my QuickD
 intake, and the tonneau may give me some more. But I know it has to
 stop at some point. How much can I realistically expect out of a
 318/auto/4x4/3.55 - and we're talking headers, QuickD intake & TB,
 tonneau, and catback (those are all the mileage-improving mods I can
 think of)?

Adding up the gains reported from each individual mod, I'd
 get over 20 MPG after installing them all, but that isn't realistic, is
 it?

These are questions for a podiatrist. : )

 <A HREF="http://www.mikesdakota.com/html/phones/">Limited Edition Dakota
Phones</A>