New track times (some new ponderings)

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 26 2000 - 23:45:14 EST

A little depressing, but I got 3 runs at the track today.

1st run (I'll get the timeslips and post them up later)
got a 17.6 with a lot of squeeling off the line.
got a 2.501 60'

2nd run
17.2 (iced the intake down and reset teh computer)
i think 60' sucked. something like 2.6 spun them pretty good

3rd run
17.8 (stayed in the staging line forever and the truck really warmed up. I
was stupid and turned the electrical fan dial ALL the way to 210 so it
wouldn't kick in during the run, but I didn't think the line would be that
long, but it was and it was the last run and I knew I was going home anyways)
bad reaction time. 1.05 hehe...

Anyways. I think 2 things are hurting my 1/4 miles time. 235/60/15s instead
of the factory 235/70/15s
I didn't use to lose traction off the line, but the shorter tires and
"bigger" gear ratio is making me spin off the line. also down the 1/4 mile.
before. as soon as I passed the finish line, it'd shift into 3rd. now, I
shift into 3rd 7/8 of the way down the track and it just feels sluggish. Any
ideas on that?

Second thing I think is holding me back is weigh. I need to get the sound
system out and the tonneau cover off. That should drop me into the 16s.

As for DMLers are the track. I saw (2) theoretically. one had a black R/T
and the other guy had this sweet blue R/T. Total R/Ts at the track today:
3... red, blue, and black. my first run was against the red R/T and he beat
the living @#$@# outta me. 15.5 to my 17.6. oh well. Guess I gotta go weld
on 2 more cylinders..

-Dester