RE: oil pan gasket

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 07:31:25 EST

Hi Jon,
Don't know if you have your answer yet. (Just checking the mail after being
gone all weekend.) Being a 4WD, you shouldn't really need to pull the
engine. The manual says to drop the y-pipe and jack the engine up off the
mounts. If this doesn't give you enough clearance, unbolt the cross-member
on the frame. This should give you the clearance you need (according to the
manual).
If you have a 2WD, you can (almost) count on pulling the engine. I tried
everything in the manual, plus the advise of several Dodge shop techs. No
go! I didn't feel like pulling the engine, so I cut the gasket for
installation and RTV'ed the thing in. If it still leaks, its going in for a
warranty replacement. Dodge can deal with it. Good-luck!
Rich - Ashburn, VA