Re: Lower body molding wanted

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 12:53:59 EST

> I would like to run some molding from below the rocker panel up, about 10
> inches, to get some protection from rocks and door dings. So far I have
> only been able to locate some grooved molding about 8 inches wide. Can
> anyone point me towards wider molding ? Thanks in advance.
> Todd

How about taking your truck in an getting it sprayed with LineX/Rhino Liner
in the section you want to be protected??? I think it would look awesome,
and offer exceptional protection. I mean sure you could go out and buy the
adhesive moldings and do both sides of you Dak cheaper, but over time it
will peel off and will allow dirt/moisture to be trapped underneath it,
causing more hassle than it is worth in my opinion. I have my bed double
coated over-the-rail with Rhino Liner and I just had my Grill/Brush Guard
sprayed with LineX(it looks awesome). No more rust spots on that Grill/Brush
Guard that is for sure. I am going to get some estimates this summer to have
the rocker panels and about 6inches up on the body sprayed with LineX; I
would have it sprayed starting from behind the front tire going to the front
of the rear tire, and then going from the rear of the rear tire to the end
of the bed. It would hold up, look great, and be the best protection against
anything. I figure it should cost about $75 per side.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6