Re:ordering Dakota QC

From: msnbcnnbcbs@juno.com
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 22:02:15 EST

>1. what if anything pos. neg about v-6 engines

personally I wouldnt go with the V6 for a Quad Cab, I'd say its just too
heavy.
I belive anything other than a RC for a V6 is too much. Of course, thats
my opinion.
V-6 is a pretty reliable engine.

A V-6 could do well over 20 mpg if modded correctly, and if your feather
footed. I'm getting close (19 average in city), but
then again I havent modded my intake or exhaust (yet)
I'm not sure what most 4.7s are getting.
Of course going with the 4.7, there arent that many mods for it JUST YET,
although that will change very soon
Be carefull with the condensation problem in the filler necks on the 4.7,
check back on previous posts for info.

>3. other problems associated with this truck?

I'd be on the lookout for probs associated with the "multi gear tranny"
(or whatever its called) on the 4.7

>4. break-in recommendations

DONT KEEP IT AT A SET SPEED TOO LONG! vary the rpm's and speed a lot.
Owners maual says 50-55 mph is good for first 500 miles (or was it 50
miles?)

>5. performance upgrades? factory fogs vs. aftermarket say PIAA's

My dak didnt come with foglights, so I got some Pilots "HID white beam".
I think they were PL-360W. There pretty good lights, had em about 6
months now. really light up the road.

good luck

"Guahiro"
99 RC V6