body man headaches

From: Chuck and Loreen (clrobbins@home.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 19:33:30 EST

    Okay, bear with me while I vent. I just got off the phone with my
body/paint man (Jim). He's a guy I work with on the fire department
and has done work on my Dak before (high quality BTW). Anyway,
he's known about the hood, wiper cowl, bumper cover & speed grilles
installation for close to a month now. He also knows that I want/need it
done prior to the Foxwoods meet. Not to mention that I WANT to see
them on my Dak. In past conversations with him, he's told me that the
target date is not problem. Well ... as you have probably guessed by now,
he feels the target date isn't realistic due to his work load. HUH? I am not
a happy man at the moment. We left it that he would get back to me at
the start of next week and confirm or deny the target date (April 29th).
    In the mean time, I am looking locally for some other choices ... which
is not that easy because I do not want some hack working on my Dak. If
anyone knows of a high quality body/paint man who is willing to do the
above work (at a reasonable cost) PLEASE let me know. I want this stuff
on my Dak and not in my garage!!
    I live in Rhode Island and will consider going to most regions of New
England, New York and New Jersey. But I need to know that the work done
will be top rate. If anyone can help, please email me off the list. Now,
please excuse me while I go have a Jack & coke. Thanks for listening to my
ramblings.

Chuck Robbins
'99 Sport v6 5spd 2wd RC
http://www.members.home.com/clrobbins/dakota.htm