Re: Re: Re: Twin Turbo Group Buy?

From: TommFern@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 14:32:31 EST

In a message dated 3/29/00 11:29:57 AM Central Standard Time,
NVMYDakota@aol.com writes:

<<
 Turbo Lag, if all you do is Drag Race (not jsut having fun) it's true jsut
 one one biggy... but dual progressive turbos kick ass for day to day
drving,
 because one kicks in at a lower RPM so you have more pratical boost, the
 secoondary jsut really helps that top end...

     Greg

    I will partially concede your point about using smaller turbos to reduce
lag, but today's turbos are soo much better than yester years. I've talked to
cartech about this very same issue. You get into lag problems when you start
putting on a very big turbo for track use. I seriously doubt anyone on this
board would ever need(or have a built enough motor) to require those big
turbos. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for twins, just trying to be realistic
about the cost.
Tom