Re: RE: Re: Trosion Bars & leaf springs?

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 20:08:23 EST

> Kyle,
>
> Sorry I meant to say "Torsion Bars".
> The rancho kit uses blocks to lift the rear. Could I still use
add-a-leafs or
> is my only option custom leaf packs. (which I assume is just a new set of
leaf
> springs with an extra leaf...?)
>
> -Mike

Why dont you give Rancho a call a see what they recommend? I have never
found Rancho's customer service to be helpful at all, but you may.
Add-a-leafs are only 1-2 more leafs, typically one, which is just severely
arched, thus giving you the added lift. I would call Rancho up first and
talk with one of their techs and see what they say. Otherwise, try to locate
some talled lift blocks, ones in the range of height you want. I would say
go with the add-a-leaf kits only as yuor last option, in my opinion. They
will work, but I have heard the ride is nasty afterwards. But do whatever
will work for your budget. GOOD LUCK!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6