Re: 375 HP SS Camaro ?

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 20:38:56 EST

Stlaurent Mr Steven wrote:

> Hey Shane! What was the name of this vehicle? Viper Truck Sport (VTS)?
> How many were made and were they sold to the public? I am keen damn
> interested in this truck.

Not sure what the VTS stood for. I don't think there were many actually built.
Sold to the public? None. The public got a chance at the VTS clones (IndyRams)
which were EPA approved only with the 360 motor instead of the all aluminum
Viper engine. They only made 2,802 units of the IndyRams and they were produced
only in 1996. The blue with white stripes (that matched the Viper) of the VTS
design were also a one year only (on those 2802 trucks) option as part of the
Indy 500 Pace Truck package. There were some mods that were included (factory)
to boost the horsepower of the skunk trucks above the baseline model Rams.
Check out some of their history at the following URL: http://www.indyram.org
Last year we had our inaugural National club meeting at Indianapolis Motor
Speedway with 22 or so trucks that showed up. It was unreal to see all of them
together. I was amazed to find out that no two were alike - even if you didn't
consider what each owner had done to them. We have many more members now and
hopefully will have a much larger turnout at the Grand Truckin Nationals in
Pigeon Forge, TN the weekend around July 14-16 or so. Check
http://www.indyram.org for all the details as well as a list of trucks offered
for sale if anyone is interested. Oh yeah - I almost forgot - our vice
president is basically obcessed with the VTS and is building a VTS clone. He's
the guy who took me for a ride in it down in FL - for now - it ONLY has a blown,
intercooled, and nitrous injected 360. After that ride - I wouldn't want any
more motor than that 8-)).

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/Coil/Wires/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"