Re: AWFUL GAS MILEAGE with 4.7!!!!!

From: Frank Johnson (frankwjohnson@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 10:38:57 EST

Well, i get on average city---11-12 mpg. Highway-16-17 mpg.
This is from the computer, not my calculations--i'm lazy.
Thing is, my city driving is all below 40 mph, and lots of stopsigns, red
lights. So half the time on my way to work i'm totally stopped, then
accelerate and stop again. Obviously brutal for good gas mileage.
Of course, my 4.7 Dak is a CC 4x4 pig, with the big 31's, so i wasn't
expecting a my lieage to be any good at all.
And my QuickD intake should be on my truck by next weekend, so i'm hoping to
get slightly better mileage after that.
And generally i drive the speed limit, and don't try to accelerate too hard,
just maybe a weekly show of power and speed when it rains. :)
I loooove the back-end slidin out on me. hehehe

Frank WJ