Re: Alignment Help...(now lift info)

From: Jason J Mooberry (moob7995@kettering.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 13:49:09 EST

All the NTB shops in the area closed. In fact I thought they were out of
business as a whole, guess not. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. I
may just have to mount different tires. I'm super happy about the lift
here's some info about the whole process you might find useful. Pardon me
if I ramble. I really wanted to try to do it myself, but I things started
looking grim when I realized I'd have to press out the upper ball joints
for the new control arms. I had it put on for ~800, which included new
ball joints, and took about two days. As far as clearance, I had to grind
off about a 1" section of the body(back of the wheelwell, under the
wheelwell cover) and some of the fascia/air dam thing, to give the 32"s
room at full wheel lock(> 1"). Theres pretty good clearance when the wheel
isn't cranked tho. I thought i'd regret not getting the steering
stabilizer but so far it hasn't been an issue. The single shock kit feels
pretty stiff, I don't think I'd go for the dual shocks, especially if
you'll be driving over potholes ever. You'd get shaken right out of your
trousers. I'd take a real careful look at my undercarriage and the
steering components before the install, too. Or have someone rip you off
to do it. Everyday driving puts a bigger stress on the steering after the
kit. The new tbar mount looks like its just beggin for a rock or a stump
to rip it off. I'm going to have a skid plate made (if TM doesn't already
make one), so be advised of an addition expense, if you'll be going off
road at all. And as long as I'm griping, it might be a good idea to get 4
1/2" or 5" blocks for the rear instead of the 4" that comes with the kit
and then crank up the tbars in the front appropriately to give your 32s
some extra room to locomote. I'm doing a little body work on the quarter
panel i ground off right now, but I'll try to get a picture when the
weather in western NY gets better. _jay