Re: RE:NASCAR/5.7L Pushrod engine

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 18:59:11 EST

Matt:

That's true, but NASCAR likes to cover all of their bases and wants to be
 all things to all people. Take a gander at this link
http://speedvision.com/pub/articles/racing/02NASCAR/000322c.html

I've seen Bill Davis and Kyle Petty both talk about the delay in the
development of the Intrepid body because of the trial ballon NASCAR has
floated about the common template. They are very concerned because their
window of opportunity is closing fast. They don't want to waste money on
a body that may never make it to the track, but have to have something
soon.

This link is more hopeful and I would imagine that Dodge would feel the
same
http://speedfx.com/news/mar/327templates.shtml

and this one's ok
http://www.thatsracin.com/00/0326/0326poole.htm

But, who knows? NASCAR and NHRA have written rules against Mopar for
years. I'd prefer that they just let the manufacturers give it their best
shot and actually use what they produce. Ever see the front end of a
NASCAR 4Duh Tortise? One hell of a lot different than the stuff at Hertz
and Avis. NASCAR did away with the HEMI nad they killed the Superbird.
They might just remove all brand differences, too. Maybe Jr. thinks that
NASCAR's so popular that they can get away with anything. We'll see.

Richard in San Antonio

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000 12:52:06 -0800 "Barret, Matt"
<MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com> writes:
> I couldn't agree with ya more Richard, the cars are already very
> close, look
> at qualifying at Bristol last week, 40 cars qualified and separation
> from
> the pole position to the last place car was only .322 seconds!!!
> .322 seconds, WOW, how could you possibly get these cars to run any
> closer???
> I have seen many articles from newspapers around the country were
> they are
> quoting Gary Nelson as saying its NOT going to happen anytime soon.
> I just
> can't see Ford, GM,and Dodge agreeing to this, or the fans for that
> matter.
>
> here's a quote from a newspaper last Sunday
> NASCAR insists the idea of common templates is dead.
>
> "It is not on the front burner at this time," NASCAR series director
> Gary
> Nelson said Thursday. "We continue to talk about it, but there have
> been no
> serious conferences lately."

> Matt -- Mechanicsville, VA Y2K-HEMI
> `00 Sport Plus 4.7L 5spd. 9 1/4 3.92 LSD
> RC 2x4 Homemade intake & K&N open element,
> Traction Bars, Spring clamps
> BEST 1/4 14.80 @ 90.97 MPH
> ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

<<<