Symptoms of clutch wear?

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 22:26:29 EST

I've been noticing that my '95 has been doing some shuddering lately
when accelerating from a stop. I'm wondering if it's the clutch.

Things that make me think it might be something else: it happens mostly
when the engine is cold. Also, the engine RPMs sometimes drop unless I
give it extra gas, to the point where it feels like it's going to stall.

Is this most likely just the engine bogging down? Will that make the
whole truck shudder? Any opinions on what I should look at first?

Thanks in advance,
Jason