Brake Question

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 00:09:31 EST

Ok, I asked this before and never really received an answer I was 100%
confident with. So here goes again:
6,000 miles ago I did a brake change, both front and rear. Rear job included
new Bendix drums, new wheel cylinders, shoes, and a brake line or two. For
the front job I put on new calipers and pads, but did not "think" I needed
new rotors. Well it turns out I think my 120,000 mile old rotors may indeed
need replacing. My steering wheel shakes pretty good only when braking, so I
think the rotors may be warped. There is a local place who wants $40 for new
Bendix rotors, and I will get them only if I wont hurt anything when putting
them on. Will putting new rotors on after 6,000 hurt the pads or have any
negative side effects? Do I have to 'scuff' up the rotors at all, or can I
just hose em down with Brake Cleaner and slap em on? THANKS!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6