Re: Need some power!!!! HELP!

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 14:59:56 EDT

Well, I've sunk some money into my dakota and it's still no where fast.

I'd recommend (really) trading it up for a v8. There is no way our v6s can
compete with bigger v8s on the market today. IF you want to keep up with
them, supercharging it is the way to go. I've got fans, pullies, air intake,
headers, catback, throttlebody, ignition and it's shaved a second off my
quartermile times. a supercharger or twin turbo setup (ah ha! here it goes
again) will help you kick some ford f-150's a$$..
-Dester

<< I just bought my Dak this January and I'm looking to tweak some real
 power
 out of it (as much as I can get out of a V-6 anyway). Possibly
 supercharging? If anyone has some good ideas for some engine and exhaust
 upgrades let me know. Company names, product names, compatability, etc...?
 I would prefer bolt-on products, for ease of installation, but don't limit
 your advice to that. Thanks.
 You can also e-mail me privately at: roachmotel69@home.com
 Fermin Lizalde
 2K Dakota Sport C/C 3.9L V-6 Auto