Re: Need some power!!!! HELP!

From: msnbcnnbcbs@juno.com
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 14:07:27 EDT

>>I'd recommend (really) trading it up for a v8. There is no way our
v6s can
compete with bigger v8s on the market today. <<

NO WAY!! The biggest killer of power for the V6 is weight. If you have a
CC or your
dak came with a lot of options, then you have a problem.BUT, if you have
a RC (like me) your dak
came with only an A/C (like me), and you weigh less than 3500lbs (like
me), then there is some serious
potential there. It's like an "Unlock the beast within" type thing. And a
V6 with no A/C near 3000lbs would hall
some serious ass!

Start with a jet chip (I'd reccomend stage 1 'cause most of the probs
I've seen are with stage 2), move up with an
TB/intake combo, move to the exhaust, then from there you could go with
some electric fans or a msd box and coil (or accel), headers, even
removing the spare tire would help (get one of those fix a flat bottles).
Supercharging is also a possibillity, but these mods are more
"practical".The weight of your dak should be on one of the registration
papers. if your V6 has to lug around more than 3900lbs, things look grim.

DONT FORGET there is a V6 on the list that can do 11's in the 1/4

6'ers MOD ON!!

Guahiro
99 RC V6
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!