Re: Exhaust pipe size..

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 22:06:19 EDT

On my 97 dakota v6 (well, basically any "V" configuration engine, the y-pipe
is 2" and it bolts into a 2.5" pipe. I'd cut it right after the "Y" and
install one single 2.5" cutout there. Up further and you might loose too
much back pressure, and think about it. One 2.5" cutout will cost less than
2-2" cutouts. And... the 2.5" looks like it will be in a better position to
weld and mount.
-Dester

<< Anyone know the size of the pipe from the "Y" pipe and the cat?
 also after the cat?
 I'm gonna put a cutout on it for the track... gonna see if I cant hit 15.2
 =-)
 only things I've changed was the Hypertech -=> MP Puter and hopefully a
 cutout >>