RE: 4x4 Header question

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 07:06:10 EDT

Sam,
Yes, the crossover is angled slightly, but there is quite a bit of room
between it and the front drive shaft. I don't remember how much exactly, but
it's at least a couple of inches, maybe as much as 4". If the ground here in
Central Tx will dry up, I'll crawl under my truck and measure it.

As far as power band the headers did not hurt it at any all, but the biggest
gain I got was at 3000 and up. The headers did improve torque and throttle
response in the entire band, but 3K> is where I can feel the truck really
take off. My highway cruise RPM is 2000 at 65mph. That's with 3.92 gears,
31X10.5" tires and an auto tranny.

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar headers, F&B TB, DDBC, DML sticker