Re: affects of mods on computer?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 23:43:41 EDT

Keith,

The modifications you noted are right on track for the V6. A few
suggestions on the Intake side are as follows:

QuickD Intake System & Throttle Body: http://www.quickd.com
Magnum Performance Throttle Body: http://www.fastdodge.com
** Both are excellent pieces...it just depends on your budget **

Try the Autolite 3924 plugs instead of the Platinum. I've run Bosch
Platinum, SplitFire (and still do), Autolite 5224, Autolite 3924/3923, NGK
V-Power (gotta dig up the number for thos POS plugs), and Champion Truck
Plugs. Out of all of them, the Autolite and SplitFire plugs rank the best
on my application.

With just the exhaust system modification, you don't have to really reset
the computer but if you're going to be doing all of the listes modification,
let's say, over a weekend, YES, reset the computer to allow it to re-learn
the changes. (Should take about 30-50 miles on the average to re-learn.)
The easiest way is to disconnect the NEG side of the battery, turn the key
to the START position and hold for 15 seconds, release the key, then
reconnect the battery and reset your radio while you're at it. That's it.

- Bernd